BMW C 650 GT Scooter
*Disclaimer: Digitalwelt is supported by its readers. We may earn affiliate commissions through the links on our site. Learn more

What’s the Maximum Speed of the BMW C 650 GT?

Ist it a bird? Ist it a plane? No it's a Maxi Scooter!

There has been quite some controversies on the maximum speed of the BMW C650 GT. Even though it’s technically a scooter, some YouTube videos would show the BMW going up to 160 mhp (257 kmh) and even more. I’d like to hear from the BMW community, can that even be and what is your opinion and experience to and with the C650 GT.

Recent Articles About Digitalwelt Discussion Forum
SHOW ALL ARTICLES

10 comments for “What’s the Maximum Speed of the BMW C 650 GT?

1. Lukiil,
    February 28, 2022 at 4:45 pm

Did 155 Mhp. It was scary as hell. I that windshield is going to penetrate me. Pun not intended.

2. Not Retired Yet Guy,
    February 14, 2022 at 2:07 pm

Lol. That’s why they put a computer restriction on scooters, because scooter bikers want to be real bikers. Having their hand on a maxiscooter, they go crazy and kill themselves. I can tell by experience maxi scooters are underestimated when it comes to speed. Suzuki Burgman 650 and going 140 Mhp easily. Not recommended!

3. CJRacer,
    January 4, 2018 at 10:12 pm

Continuously variable transmissions are usually fast if not throttled. It’s a completely different engineering, don’t compare them with classic chained transmission longitudinal engines. I don’t like scooters. The maxi scooters are great for adult children. If you want stop being a child, buy a motorcycle for God’s sake.

4. nastycowboy,
    March 1, 2017 at 2:15 pm

160 Mhp seems a little much. But I wouldn’t say impossible. My odometer stops at 120 mhp on the G650GT, but my Smartphone GPS is on, I gotten 135 mhp out of it. It starts shaking, you have to have your windshield down. My tank was full. I can imagine with tank half full or quite empty, and less weight such as empty, it might go up to 145 or even more.

5. blipblop,
    February 28, 2017 at 8:23 am

If you want to hit 160 mhp with a scooter, I’d say you are out of your mind. Why? BUt if they BMW build a scooter, and haven’t put the stupid computer restriction like they did on the, C 400 GT I guess you can go much faster than many regular 600 CCMs easily.

6. Jake,
    February 28, 2017 at 7:06 am

The BMW was built for the German commuter for the Autobahn. I would easily compare it with the Honda Goldwing and can tell from experience, that thing is darn fast. Acceleration not so much, but once you hit 100 mhp, it starts warming and and wants more. Unfortunately, there is no Autobahn here in Virginia where I live lol, so the maximum I dare to drive with it so far was 110, but even then, I’m only half throttle. God knows where it’ll take me if I pushed it further. 160 mhp? That’s about 50 mhp more than I could get from it, but I doubt it.

7. Silverguy,
    February 19, 2017 at 3:24 am

I’m have Ninja ZX-14R. I was driving one of my friends C650, and one thing I realized: That thing is clumpy and heavy. Went to a curve, and hit the stand on the asphalt creating some sparkle effects — almost crashed that thing. When BMW advertises them under the category “Urban Mobility” that’s what they mean! It’s not a Sports Bike, so be careful. it would lose any race against my Ninja. That being said … it’s unexpectedly fast. I got to the limit of the odometer easily within seconds it felt. And then it just goes up and up until you rethink your life: What the heck am I doing on a Scooter driving 120+ Mhp?

8. RobbyT176,
    February 18, 2017 at 3:46 pm

High speeds are possible. But I have the best effect when I am down to 2 or 3 bars left on the gas, and as said before, no other weight — including you, so not if you are obese. My highest 147 Mhp. But I only stopped because of traffic. I might have squeezed another 3 mhp if I had clear traffic for another 15 minutes :) After 130 Mhp, gets up veeeeery slowly. Considering the low gas tank you need, you probably will run out of gas before hitting 160 Mhp.

9. Goldman55,
    February 16, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I can drive 180 Mhp with the ride bike, and listed to a podcast while doing it. Those scooters are not meant to drive that fast even though for reasons unknown they have been made by BMW to go up to that speed. So, I would not go faster than 120 Mhp on a maxi scooter. That thing might fall apart.

10. Bat Five,
    February 14, 2017 at 3:33 pm

The reason why that thing is so fast is that even it has only 60 hp at 7,500 rpm, the power is transferred directly to the integrated CVT, causing a continuously variable transmission. That means there is no real stop on that thing. You can push it as far as you can until it goes up in flames. You might reach 160 Mhp if you are crazy enough, I would not try. As Ronny mentioned it, this is a commuter bike. So what’s the point? Riding stability at that speed with a scooter will be gone, so will you. Buy a real motorcycle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Please select reCAPTCHA